Thank You to my Friends and Followers!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

OWH MWT & Sketch 154

This weeks Midweek Throwdown challenge is to create a card with no sentiment. I find these cards the easiest for me just because I can focus more on the design and not worry about how I'm going to fit in a sentiment. For this card I layered, layered and layered some more. I also used my pen for some faux stitching in addition to the embellishments and embossing.

Materials:
Cardstock-Bazzil
Patterned paper-I think it's from DCWV (My friend gave me some extra from her stack)
Bronze brads from Recollections
Recollections Cling Stamps I'm a Little Monster set
Inkadinkadoo embossing powder


At first, I thought this sketch was rather difficult however once I got going I really liked the finished product.
Materials:
Bazill cardstock
As usual, the patterned paper is from my scrap stash. 

In fact, on New Years Eve while my kids and I sat down to do a Mission Impossible Marathon I took my scraps and cut them into 6 x 6 inch squares, keeping in mind the 6x6 inch paper pad tutorial OWH offered a few months back: Link:(6 x 6 Tutorial).  I then combined complimentary pattered paper and cardstock so that I could just grab and go to make a card. It's really worked out great! I was able to make over 30 little packets containing about 3 to 4 pieces of paper (solid and patterned mix)  and just put a staple at the very tip top so it wouldn"t affect the paper. This way I use up my larger scraps for a purpose and all the figuring out what goes together is already done. oops I digress...now, back to the materials. 

Materials (continued):
Blue gems from Megan Elizabeth
patterned paper pb&j thermos
sentiment sticker was from a rosette pack from Michaels I got about 16 months ago and never used them.

I hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my blog and leave comments. I love to hear what you think!
HAPPY CRAFTING!

5 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Your monster card is so cute. Love the sketch challenge card. Very pretty.

BobbisTreasure said...

Love your thought process on scraps and 6x6 - I so struggle with the "use it all" concept! Thanks for sharing!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Great cards Amy. The embossed monster is so cute, and I like the way you skewed the center panel for interest. Love the blues in the sketch card and the bling. Thanks for playing, and for sharing how you handle your scraps!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards! Your sketch card rocks too

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

SusanS said...

Great cards! Monster is so cute. The sketch card is very crisp and elegant. Nice job on both cards!